This article will guide you through the process of finding and adding a shared printer at MBU. Please note that MBU tracks your printing in order to charge appropriate printing costs to your department.
Start by choosing the set of instructions that applies to your computer's operating system.
Instructions for Windows 10 (Click to Expand)
The same instructions for windows 7 will work on windows 10 if you go to the control panel and then select "Devices and Printers",
- Open the settings app. This is the gear in the bottom left corner of the start menu, shown below. (Or, the keyboard shortcut to open the settings app is to simultaneously press the windows key+"i")
- Select "Devices"
- Select "Printers and Scanners" on the left side of the menu (1), and then "Add a printer or scanner" (2).
- A list of MBU shared printers will appear. If you see your printer in this list, you can select it to add it (1). If you do not see your printer in this list, you can select "The printer that I want isn't listed" to continue finding the printer you would like to add (2).
Continued instructions if the printer you want isn't listed
- Select "Find a printer in the directory"
In the Find Printers window that opens up, you can search by name or model. Select the printer you're looking for to add it.
By default, this menu will show a list of all printers available (see the screenshot below).
If you need to use one of the Konica Minolta MFPs, you will need a copy code. See this KB article for more information on getting and using your copy code.
Instructions for Windows 7 (Click to Expand)
- Open the start menu and select Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer near the top of the devices and printers window.
- Select Add a network, wirelss, or bluetooth printer, and click next.
- You'll see a list of some of the printers on the network. MBU has many printers, so you will most likely need to select "The printer that I want isn't listed". Click Next.
- Choose Find a printer in the directory and click Next.
- Search for the printer you would like using the Name, Location, and Model fields and clicking Find Now. You can sort the results. When you find the printer you're looking for, click on it and select OK.
- Windows will add the printer, installing a print driver. It will let you know if it is successful or not. Click Next.
- If you want to print a test page, click the Print a test page button. Otherwise, select Finish.
Instructions for Mac OS X (Click to Expand)
- Open the Managed Software Center (1), select Categories in the menu at the top (2), and then choose Printers (3).
Find the printer you want to add (1) and click "INSTALL" (2).
Clicking "INSTALL" will download everything necessary to install that new printer. When ready, the Managed Software Center will take you to step 3 below.
- After clicking "OK" (1), select "UPDATE ALL" (2) to finish installing the printer.