Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting assistance with purchasing technology equipment. Please include
- Type of equipment, e.g. "Desktop Computer and display screen".
- Quantities of each item.
- End users of the equipment. The Business Office requires this to be on the PO request.
- Department account code to use for the purchase order request.
- IT will write up the PO request with the specific model numbers, quote numbers, purchase prices and account codes, and send to you as a spreadsheet.
- Verify that the quantities, end users, and account codes are correct, then send the PO request to the department head or division chair.
- Department head or division chair approves and sends to senior VP over department or division.
- Senior VP over department or division approves and sends to Accounts Payable (AP) office.
- Wait for the AP office to process the PO request and issue the PO number.
- They will send the PO request back to the main Business Office for one of the accountants to check your budget for available funds.
- If they have a question, they may contact you.
- If it is approved, it will then be sent back to AP.
- AP will assign the next sequential PO number to the PO request, turning it into an approved PO.
- AP will email the PO to you.
- Send electronic image of the approved PO with PO number back to the IT staff person who sent you the PO request.
- IT will place the order.
- IT will contact you to schedule the installation after the item(s) are received and any necessary preparation is done.