All MBU students, faculty/, and staff members and students are eligible to install genuine Microsoft Office products on up to five devices of their choosing for free. These licenses are intended for personal use only. For work computers, please . MBU-managed computers have Office installed automatically, which does not use one of your five licenses. Please contact the MBU IT department for information questions about Microsoft Office installation.
Below are instructions which are intended to help you install and activate Microsoft Office applications using your free Microsoft Office 365 account. For questions regarding this process, please contact the MBU IT department at (314)-392-2377.Navigate your internet
Office on your managed computer.
Steps by Step Instructions:
- Navigate your web browser to https://portal.office.com.
- If prompted, select to log in using your Work or School AcocuntAccount.
- Enter your MBU username (once you hit TAB, you will be redirected to MBU’s personal login portal).and select Next. You should see the MBU branding on the password entry box, and the web address should be login.microsoftonline.com. You should enter your MBU password only on microsoftonline.com and mobap.edu sites.
- Enter your MBU password and click the Sign in button.
- Select the heading of “Install Office on your PC” and click the Install now button.
This will download the setup files and begin installation on your machine. Install Office drop-down menu and select Office 365 Apps.
- The setup file will download. Run the setup file to install Office on your computer. It will require administrative rights on the computer in order to run the setup file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until to install Microsoft Office is fully installed on your machine.
- If prompted to either enter a Product Key or sign in with your Microsoft Office 365 account, choose to log in via your Microsoft Office 365 account and use your MBU username/password to log in. This will activate your license.