Outlook Desktop Application
- Select File, Info, Account Settings, Account Settings...
- Select the Data Files tab. Select the User then select Settings...
- Select the Advanced tab. Under "Open these additional mailboxes:" you will see a list of shared mailboxes the user has added. Select Add.
- Type the name of the mailbox you want to add, and select OK.
- Select OK and Close to return to Outlook. The mailbox will appear on the left-hand menu of Outlook.
Outlook On the Web
Use this method if you want to view and manage the email for the shared mailbox in its own browser window.
- Sign in to your account in Outlook Web App.
- On the Outlook Web App navigation bar, select your name. A list appears.
- Select Open another mailbox.
- Type the email address of the other mailbox that you want to open and then select Open. Or, start typing and then select Search contacts and directory to find the mailbox you want to open. Select the shared mailbox you want to open, and then select Open. Another Outlook Web App session opens in a separate window, allowing access to the other mailbox.
Tip: If you mistype the email address of the mailbox, the result is "No match was found." Try retyping the email address.
If you're trying to add a mailbox that was recently created and it doesn't show up in the directory, follow the steps below.
- Close Outlook and log off your computer.
- Log back on and repeat the above process.
- If the problem persists, please contact Helpdesk.