All MBU students, faculty, and staff are eligible to install Microsoft Office products on up to five devices. MBU-managed computers have Office installed automatically, which does not use one of your five licenses. Please contact the MBU IT department for questions about Office on your managed computer.
Steps by Step Instructions:
- Navigate your web browser to https://portal.office.com.
- If prompted, select to log in using your Work or School Account.
- Enter your MBU username and select Next. You should see the MBU branding on the password entry box, and the web address should be login.microsoftonline.com. You should enter your MBU password only on microsoftonline.com and mobap.edu sites.
- Enter your MBU password and click the Sign in button.
- Select the Install Office drop-down menu and select Office 365 Apps.
- The setup file will download. Run the setup file to install Office on your computer. It will require administrative rights on the computer in order to run the setup file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Microsoft Office.
- If prompted to either enter a Product Key or sign in with your Microsoft Office 365 account, choose to log in via your Microsoft Office 365 account and use your MBU username/password to log in. This will activate your license.