If you need assistance or do not have the Smart Touch application, Scanner driver, or the Integration Kit installed, please contact the IT Helpdesk: email@example.com or 314-392-2377.
Configure Smart Touch for Filebound
- Select Show hidden icons on the Windows taskbar (the up-arrow ^ symbol), right-click on the scanner logo, and choose Configure... (Picture 1 Below)
- Under Task shortcut: select the number you want to edit.
Change the following:
- Task shortcut: Select Rename... and change it to the desired name.
- Destination: Select the button and choose FileBound Connect.
- If FileBound Connect is not there, select Custom Application...
- Destination Name: Name it FileBound Connect
- Path name: select Browse... > This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > FileBound > FileBound Connect > select FBConnect.exe > OK.
- File type: Select the drop-down menu and choose TIFF - Multi-page for the best compatibility with FileBound, or another file type if you know what you need.
- Settings shortcut: Select Settings..., select the desired option.
- If you don't see what you want, select which color you want (Black and White or Color), hit Save As... and name it, then hit OK to create a new setting shortcut.
- Input document is: to choose single-sided or double-sided as needed
- Click the Settings > button in the bottom left corner of the window and make sure the following are set (These are the minimum settings for quality):
- Scan as: Grayscale (8-bit) for black and white, Color (24-bit) for color.
- Resolution: at least 200 dpi
- Compression: Type JPEG, Quality Good
- Review all of the check boxes and select the ones you would like to use (Name file prior to saving, Edit images prior to saving, etc.) - These settings are optional and not required for FileBound.
- Hit Apply.
- Select the Task shortcut: drop-down menu, choose the next option, and repeat the steps above.
One you have everything configured:
- Open FileBound Connect on the desktop. Leave the Username and Password fields blank, check the remember box and hit Next. If you are prompted with a Configuration window when attempting to login in https://filebound.mobap.edu in the URL field and click OK.
Configure Smart Touch for Scanning to Folder or Email:
- Change the Destination to File or Email. If you choose File, change the Folder: location by selecting Browse... and choose the desired location.